Aberdeenshire Council and (GANE) project partners are looking for an independent consultant to evaluate the three year programme, Growing Audiences North East
The evaluation will involve:
• Desk research considering all relevant GANE documentation, including appropriate strategic documents from the three key stakeholders-- SAC/Creative Scotland, Aberdeenshire Council, Aberdeen City Council – and the results of the client survey
• Interviews with GANE and HI~Arts staff, and with key officers of the three stakeholders, and of selected members of the GANE steering group (these can be done by telephone)
• A focus group with key clients and users of GANE services.
The aim of the evaluation is to consider:
• How far the GANE programme has met the original recommendations and tasks of both ‘Beyond the Central Belt’ and of the commissioning brief in rural and city contexts.
• To present analysis and detail of NE audiences as identified by GANE project work and organisations supported by GANE to ascertain future need for an audience development service in the North East. (This might include hard to reach new audiences in Moray, Angus as well as Aberdeenshire and Aberdeen City).
• To consider and make links with Aberdeenshire and City tourism initiative.
• How effective GANE has been in supporting organisations to use social media and analysis of audiences.
• A short desked based evaluation of the Go Local programme to date and its future potential would be helpful.
• How effective GANE has been in responding to radically changing environments and exploring/providing recommendations for future delivery models.
To provide recommendations
• What are the future needs of partners and organisations in north east to enable them to grow audiences
• Explore possible GANE project merger with existing ne institutions and what potential might we have to maximise university involvement in any future projects linked to knowledge transfer agendas, audience statistical archives.
• Taking into consideration creative Scotlands proposed and make recommendations re what structures are needed in the future to support audience development in the North East of Scotland.
• Establish key partners for future, what potential is there to take this forward as a rural model of audience development support for Moray, Angus and Aberdeenshire?
To apply please provide a CV, methodology statement, breakdown of stages with timescales, daily rates, by 23rd May, 2012.
Address application to:
Principal Arts Officer,
Education Learning & Leisure
This opportunity is available in: All Scotland
For further information, please contact Carol.Leathley@aberdeenshire.gov.uk (Carol Leathley), or call 01224 664823.