The University of Glasgow seek a individual to undertake a range of duties associated with postgraduate teaching on the Creative Writing programme
To undertake a range of duties associated with postgraduate teaching on the Creative Writing programme and associated administration, as requested by Head of Subject.
This post is temporary and is available from 10th September until 30th November 2012.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To take responsibility for the planning, organisation and delivery of postgraduate teaching within Creative Writing, with particular focus on student workshops and seminars.
2. To be responsible for the teaching and supervision of postgraduate students at Master's level.
3. To contribute to the development of appropriate teaching materials to ensure content and methods of delivery meet learning objectives.
4. To deliver a range of teaching and assessment activities directed towards Creative Writing and literary development, at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, to the ultimate achievement of departmental teaching objectives.
5. To facilitate writing workshops according to appropriate teaching methods to ensure effective creative and critical development of students and their work.
6. To supervise practical work, advising on skills, methods and techniques to assist the transfer of knowledge.
7. To give useful and appropriate qualitative written feedback on students work as a part of this teaching.
8. To participate fully in the assessment process, using a variety of methods and techniques and provide effective, timely and appropriate feedback to students to support their learning.
9. To undertake administration as reasonably requested by the Head of Subject and in accordance with a fair distribution of the workload.
10. To engage in continuing professional development activities as appropriate.
For more information and to apply