I am a writer specialising in poetry, childrens, travel, scripts, short stories and reviews. As a creative practitioner I run workshops for adults and children within the community, education and health settings.
Appearing Soon, second full length poetry collection, Flambard press
Stepping on the Cracks, first full length poetry collection, Flambard press
Work also published in anthologies including The Nerve (Virago Press), magazines and newspapers including The Independent, Rialto, Ambit and Scryfa.
My poems have also appeared on London buses.
Poetry performances include the Voice Box, London South Bank Centre, Waterstones bookshops in London and Newcastle, Troubador Earl's Court, festivals including Ledbury and St Ives.
Sand Sister, childrens picture book published by Barefoot Books
Rip and Rap, childrens picture book published by Barefoot Books
The Tintagel Giant, published by Creative Partnerships and Tintagel Primary School as part of work as writer in residence for Tintagel Regeneration, also a Radio 4 programme
Also two other school books My Cornwall The Sea with St Piran's school and Liskeard Infant School A Celebration.
Community poem carved into Delabole slate in Tintagel Town Square working with artist Michael Fairfax part of Tintagel Writer in residence work.
I have contributed to Time Out Travel Guides on Weekend Breaks, South West England and the Cordoba province section of their Andalusia guide.
Short films Its not my fault, I didn't Do anything and It wasn't me written with Andrew Gillman www.itsnotmyfault.info and on www.artemesiafilms.com
Other writing includes book reviews, articles for magazines including Mslexia and catalogue text for Gareth Edwards FREEDOM FROM FREEDOM TO, Hart Gallery, London, Feb06
Short Stories including The Squeezing published in EM magazine
Edited PAVEMENT FOR MY PILLOW by Chris Kitch, Orion, Oct 96 (Bestseller list) and ROXY DILLON’S RADICAL REJUVENATION by Roxy Dillon, Headline, Jan 96
Currently developing RABBIT RUN, Literacy game for KS1 and KS2.
Publishing Experience - Literary Agent
I worked in publishing from 1993 as a literary agent with Serafina Clarke Literary Agency in London representing a range of fiction and non-fiction clients including journalist Rosie Millard, artist and writer Richard Taylor. Ran own agency part time until 2007. Also worked as a freelance contract executive for clients including Scholastic in London.
I run individual and group workshops for children and adults. I work within schools and the health environment for Arts for Health working particularly with adults with dementia.
Below is a list of my Creative pracitioner work.
• Writer-in-residence Tintagel Regeneration Scheme 2005, Arts Council, English Heritage, Creative Partnerships: Community work involving workshops, walks. Wall of words poem, touchstone sculptures, performance at opening ceremony Oct 05. School work at Tintagel Primary to produce a new legend THE TINTAGEL GIANT, published as a book. Radio 4 programme The Tintagel Giant, Mar 06, nominated for a PrixEuropa Radio award, Berlin. Further reading article www.urbanwords.org.uk/aplaceforwords/case-study-living-legends.shtml
• MY CORNWALL: THE SEA creative project St Piran’s Preparatory School which became a book of shape poems, maps, collage, pirate monologues, posters, stories… launched Jan 2006 (featured on BBC and ITV local news).
• Chagford Primary School March 06 Weeklong workshops on ‘Mapping’ as part of Text06 Literary Festival (Exeter University and Dartington): theme travel. Exhibition held Phoenix Arts Centre Exeter, April 06.
• Adult Poetry Workshops with Ann Alexander, Cook Book St Just 2006 and 2007
• Liskeard Infant School: Memories of our School weeklong project May 06, book published.
• Tate St Ives: May 06 Super Sunday Created and ran poetry and art workshops for Turner/Ellsworth Kelly exhibition.
• Betjeman Celebrations, Poet in Schools, June to Aug 06, ran poetry workshops with five Cornish Schools collaborated with a team of artists. Work used in centre piece installation for the celebrations at Polzeath Aug 06.
• Arts for Health Cornwall: Devised art programme for St Austell Community Hospital and Redannick Care Home Truro Spring to Summer 07 Workshops for networking event Truro Autumn 08, Isles of Scilly Spring 09, St Ives June 09, Arts and Older People conference Derby October 09 and Well-being workshops Truro Library for Truro Health Park Feb 2010. Developing creative resources for use in Health.
• Shallal Community Dance Company Poetry workshop in response to current production Mind The Gap Dec 08
• Bolitho School Workshops for junior and senior school including six form Spring 09.
• Truro High School, Book Week Feb 2010, poetry workshops for reception through to prep 6.
• Truro Pre-Prep School: CREATIVE WORKSHOPS Nursery to Year 2.
• JUBILEE LIDO Penzance 75th Anniversary SPLASH Poetry workshops HEAMOOR PRIMARY Year 5 and 6
• CURRENT WORK: Memory Café Project Cornwall with Arts for Health, Writing Workshops for people with dementia and their carers. 2010/11
In order to contact this person you can fill in this form and we will contact them on your behalf.