NAWE is pleased to be offering free Public Liability Insurance Cover for those who subscribe at the Professional Membership rate of £65.
Individuals benefitting from Institutional membership are also covered by the insurance.
Summary of the Insurance Cover
Eligibility & Duration
All Professional Members of NAWE who have paid in full the annual fee of £65 will automatically be covered by the policy for the same duration as their Professional Membership.
Demands & Needs
The policy has been designed to meet the demands and needs of individuals engaged in their professional writing or working on any activity connected to the enhancement and promotion of creative writing skills requiring insurance against their legal liabilities to pay compensation arising out of injury to third parties and damage to third party property.
Terms of Business
The policy is only operative while individuals are undertaking an occupation as a professional writer or whilst lecturing, teaching, or engaged in other activities connected with the enhancement of creative writing skills.
Individuals will be insured within Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man and while temporarily engaged in Business outside these territories.
This policy will provide individuals with Public and Products Liability Insurance.
Key Features of Cover
This policy provides cover in respect of legal liability for damages including claimant legal costs for;
- Accidental Injury to any person
- Accidental loss or damage to third party Property
happening during the period of insurance in connection with the Business.
The limit of indemnity provided is £10,000,000 any one claim (any one period in respect of Products liability).
Individuals will be responsible for paying the first £250 of any claim for damage to third-party property.
Cross Liabilities (Member to Member Liability)
The policy extends to cover claims made between individual NAWE Professional Members, subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions of the policy.
Indemnity to Principals and Others
The policy will also provide an indemnity to any:
- Contract Principal
- Personal Representatives
providing that the claim would have been covered had it been made directly against the NAWE Professional Member.
The policy will also cover Legal Defence Costs arising:
Compensation for Court Attendance
- from any prosecution of the NAWE Professional Member as a result of breach of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 or Part II of the Consumer Protection Act 1987 or Part II of the Food Safety Act 1990 or any legislation of similar effect.
- out of the defence of any proceedings in a Court of Summary Jurisdiction in respect of matters which may form the subject of indemnity under this policy.
This policy will pay the NAWE Professional Member £250 for each day they are required to attend court as a witness at the request of the Underwriters.
The policy does not provide any cover for:
- bodily Injury to any Person Employed
- Any use of applied heat, fire or pyrotechnics on third party premises other than the use of Flash Paper, Flash Cotton or Flash String
- physical, mental, sexual or emotional abuse
- risks that require more specific insurance i.e. use of Motor Vehicles, Watercrafts, Aircrafts etc
- Damage to Property in the custody or control of the NAWE Member
- Liability for breach of professional duty or inadequate advice